Kapenguria Municipality Board
Kapenguria Municipality Board is formed in accordance with urban areas and cities Act 2011 sections 13, 14,28,29 and 30 in conjunction with Kapenguria Municipal Charter.
The Board effectively started its operations in September 2018 with the appointment of Municipal Manager.
To be a model Municipality in service delivery in Kenya.
Provision of Effective, Efficient and Sustainable Development
- Client Care
Municipal Board Operations
The Board operates as per the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2011 under the guidance of the Kapenguria Municipality Charter for its day to day operations.
The Municipality board is composed of 11 members listed below.
|1.||Mr.||David Yator Kiptum||Chair -Person||Member|
|2.||Ms.||Dorcas Chepekemei Endoo||Vice Chair Person||Member|
|4.||Mr.||Martin Lokite Korwa||Member||Member|
|5.||Mr.||Moses Arupe Maklap||Member||Member|
|6.||Mr.||Lomong’o P. Samuel||Member||Member|
|7.||Mr.||Justus Kibor Rutto||Member||Member|
|9.||Hon.||Esther Chelimo Loukotum||Member||County Executive Committee|
|10.||Mr.||Mathew Rionokol||Member||Chief Officer|
Functions of the Municipal Board
Subject to the provisions of Urban Areas and Cities Act 2011, Sec 20 and 21 the Municipal Board shall perform the following functions.
- Oversee all the affairs of the municipality;
- Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes, and set targets for delivery of Municipal services;
- Formulate and implement Municipal integrated development plan;
- Control land use, land sub-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centres, residential areas, recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture, freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the municipality.
- Promote and undertake infrastructural development and services within the municipality;
- Develop and manage schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies;
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee to be determined by the municipal board;
- Administer and regulate Municipal internal affairs;
- Implement applicable national and county legislations
- Enter into such contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions under this Act or other written law;
- Monitor and, where appropriate, regulate municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the board of the municipality;
- Prepare and submit its annual budget estimates to the County Treasury for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the annual County Appropriation Bill;
- Collect rates, taxes, levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees within the Municipality;
- Settle and implement tariff, rates and tax and debt collection policies as delegated by the county government;
- Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies, programmes or plans in the municipality;
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems;
- Promote a safe and healthy environment;
- Facilitate and regulate public transport;
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated to it by the county government or as may be provided for by any written law.